We should be very particular with our skin and body care to maintain a healthy and long life. To age gracefully it is very important to take care of what we eat, how we lead a disciplined life and what products we use for our body. Here are certain products that we can use every day for a smooth and perfect skin and which each individual should incorporate in their lives:
1. Cleanser: A cleanser will help to remove the dirt and impurities from your skin making it fresh and clear. Cleansers are available in different forms and the most popular form is the foaming ones. Other forms of cleansers are water and lotions. There are some oils that can be used as cleansers too. No matter what form you are using it is important to select a good product that can effectively clear your pores and make your skin dirt free. Milk is a natural cleansing agent as is coconut oil.
2. Toner: If the use of cleanser is not enough to remove impurities from your skin, use a toner. A toner is the second step in cleansing and it also exfoliates the skin and makes it fresh and glowing. Depending upon what action you want from your toner you can choose between a one that hydrates and something that purifies. Cucumber water or rose water are some of the natural toners that can be used for skin freshness.
3. Moisturizer: This is one of the most important products for the skin. It is like food for the skin. It provides nutrition and hydration to dehydrated skin and thus makes it soft and supple. People with oily skin should look out for moisturizers that are oil-free and those with dry skin should choose creamier products. Honey is a natural form of moisturizer that is very good for dry skin.
4. Sunscreen: The harmful UV rays of the sun can cause tremendous damage to the skin which can even cause cancer. To prevent the worst scenario we need to include a product that has Sun Protection Factor in it. You can choose a sunscreen or sunblock or use a moisturizer that has SPF. People living in tropical climate should use a sunscreen with high SPF of at least 30. Even if we are indoors the use of sunscreen is a must.
5. Exfoliator: These can be in the form of scrubs, polishers or peels. It is the product that is required to revive dull skin. It removes dead skin cells and goes deep inside to reveal younger and brighter skin. It is best to use an exfoliator once or twice a week and all signs of dullness and blackheads will be removed. Baking powder and sugar are natural exfoliators.
6. Mask: A mask is the ultimate source of pampering for skin and can give a spa-like effect. Purifying masks can remove dirt and impurities from the face revealing a brighter and radiant skin, while nourishing masks provide hydration to undernourished skin. Masks made out of bananas and papayas are good for glowing skin.