No matter how much makeup we put on our face, if the skin is rough, it takes a gallon of products to make it look flawless. A smoother palette or base means a smooth and perfect makeup application. Also there are days when we want to stay sans makeup. Like a healthy body, a healthy skin also very important. Nowadays, there are dozens of pills, needles and fillers to make you look younger. However, there are ways through which you can achieve a supple and glowing skin at every age. You just have to follow a regular routine. Today is the 1st part of a series for skin care routine where the target audience is women at their 20s.
The main concern of women during their 20s is post-acne symptoms and some tanning. Pigmentation, freckles, Melasma, discoloration of skin from sun-damage are the general problems. However, 20-something ladies, you should remember this is the best time of your skin where your skin is at its healthy best. The inclusion of Vitamin C-infused products and at-least SPF 15 sunscreen are very essential during this time.
Ideal Skin Care Routine for 20s:
1. Use a gentle foaming cleanser that can remove makeup and oil efficiently but will not strip your skin dry. It should get rid of extra grease, dirt etc, but should be mild for your skin. L'Oreal Hydrafresh Cleanser is very good and is available in 2 varieties, one for oily-combination skin and one for Dry Skin.
2. Beauties, know that age first starts to show around your eye areas with very fine lines. Use a good eye cream, favourably with caffeine to slow the process of aging around your eyes. Garnier Caffeine Anti-Dark Circles 2-in-1 Eye Roll On or Clinique All About Eyes are very good products.
3. Apply a moisturizer girls, do not skip. Even if your skin is soaking with oil, you should apply a moisturizer. Just be sure that it is suitable for your skin. A light moisturizer with good SPF, is very good for your skin. Try something that has zinc oxide, titanium oxide, avobenzone or Mexoryl. L'Oreal Paris Dark Spot Correcting and Illuminating Day Cream SPF 30 is very good.
4. Mild breakouts and zits are annoying conditions. Try to keep handy some spot-treatments with salicyclic acid and benzoyl peroxide. Clean & Clear Spot Treatment Gel is a good option.
5. Remember to remove all the makeup you have applied, before going to bed. Makeup can clog pores which will lead to major breakout. Makeup Removers like MAC Cleanse Off Oil and Maybelline Eye & Lips Makeup Remover are good.
6. This is the time you should start to fight free radical damage that the environment causes to your skin. Try to use a serum with Vitamin C that has antioxidant properties. The Body Shop Vitamin C Facial Radiance Powder Mix or Serious Skincare Vitamin C Ester Skin Conditioner can be used.
7. Apply a night cream with Vitamin A or Retinol or Vitamin E. This will help to prevent wrinkles from appearing and your skin will be glowing. Do not forget to apply on your neck and chest area too.The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream is a good choice.
8. Once or twice a week try to exfoliate your skin with a gentle scrub. Try to avoid this step if your have serious acne concerns. Neutrogena Deep Clean Blackhead Eliminating Scrub or Pond's White Face Scrub are quite good.
Remember, if you have serious skin concerns it is advisable to seek advice from a dermatologist. No matter what, be gentle to your skin and try to lead a healthy lifestyle with adequate diet, exercise and H2O.