This is a guest post by Airene Guha, a 2014 ICSE examination candidate, who has a flair of writing on health & lifestyle related topics.
We often get tans when we go out in the sun. Tans refer to the darkening of skin due to the exposure to sun rays. Symptoms like darkening of skin and presence of blisters can be seen. Excessive tanning can cause skin-cancer and weak immune system. Instead of spending money on expensive products you can try some natural treatments in home.
- Lemon juice: Apply some fresh lemon juice on the affected skin area as lemon is great for curing tans due to its natural bleaching property and allow it to dry. You can also add some sugar to the juice as sugar is an excellent cleansing agent. Do this two-three times a week for fast results.
- Olive oil and milk: Make a mixture of olive oil and milk and apply it to the skin before going out in the sun. Leave it for half an hour and then wash off with plain running water. Wipe the face dry with a towel. Then gently apply an ice-cube all over the face. This helps to loosen the skin and prevents tan.
- Aloe Vera gel: Aloe Vera gel will lighten the skin within a week, if applied daily to the affected area. It also helps cleanse and nourish the skin. Apply fresh Aloe Vera gel to the affected part before going to bed. In the morning wash the skin thoroughly.
- Face-pack made with glycerine, rose-water and turmeric: These three products are very helpful in removing tan and help tighten pores. Make a paste with these three ingredients and apply all over the face. Leave it for half an hour then wash off with plane running water.
- Make a sugar scrub: It is surprisingly easy to make a great homemade exfoliator with added tan fading benefits from natural ingredients in your kitchen. Simply mix a cup of crushed brown sugar with some high quality olive oil and a little freshly squeezed lime juice. The sugar will slough off dead skin, the lime juice will lighten the skin and the olive oil will add moisture. Rub this mixture all over the body with clean towel or wash cloth dampened with warm water. Wash off in the shower.
So these are some few DIY remedies that can be easily done to remove tanning.