Straight from the Founder of TNC, Natasha Shah, below are few precautions and tips on how you can avoid mosquitoes and insect bites and massively reduce the risk against your health and the discomfort of being bitten.
- Use insect repellents on exposed skin before you get bitten - not after!
- Wear light coloured clothing during the day.
- Avoid shady spots. Biting is less common in sunshine and brightly lit areas.
- Avoid sheltered spots, a breeze will make it hard for mosquitoes, midges and many other insects to find you.
- Avoid areas close to water and waterlogged grounds where insects hatch or breed.
- Wear loose long sleeved tops and trousers to cover exposed skin on arms and legs, particularly at dawn and dusk when mosquitoes bite the most.
- Repellent treated clothing provides extra protection.
- Close mosquito screens and hang mosquito nets before dusk.
- Use a mosqui-go, mosquito coils or insecticide spray to clear rooms of insects before you retire for the night.