-By Ishleen Kaur
Hello my beauties!
How is everyone doing? I k now it has been quite some time since I last posted something for you guys, but really, now I have a ton loads of posts lined up for you and I will try to let all across as soon as possible! I promise!
So what I have for you today is the makeup Revolution London Redemption palette in the variant Essentials Day to night palette, which is a delectable palette comprising shimmery daily wear shades to glittery deeper shades, ranging from whites, golds, taupes, peaches, silvers, greys, blacks, purples, navy and lastly sea-blue shades!
Price: This particular palette retails for 1050 INR but can be availed at discount on e-portals! And yes for 12 eye shadow shades, the palette is a steal!
Packaging: The packaging of this palette is indeed very classy and mimics the naked palette eye shadow strips to some extent! The outer packaging is black with a see through lid and no mirror, but it is quite elegant and sturdy! Plus, it comes with a dual ended sponge tip applicator!
Shade: The palette has 12 enticing shades, with 6 being on the lighter side while 6 being on the darker side of the spectrum!
1. White Highlighter shade- this is the very basic white shimmery highlighter which can be used both under the brow bone and above it to spike the arc of your brow!
2. Cream Highlight shade- this is off-white, more of a cream coloured highlighter shade which is for the ones who avoid the stark white highlights on the eyes!
3. Peachy-Taupe shade- this particular shade is the most different of the lot! It is neither matte nor shimmery but has a nice sheen to it and is nicely pigmented like the above two shades! A very versatile shade!
4. Peach shade- the fourth shade in the palette is a nice peach shade which is a shimmery shade and is nicely pigmented!
5. Gold shade- the least pigmentation of the shades is this golden baby in the row! It is a very pretty golden shade and it is really sad to see its low pigmentation as the shade is really pretty to use!
6. Taupe-grey shade- I love my taupe shadows and this one here is a very gorgeous grey toned shimmery taupe which has very miniscule, fine shimmers which give the effect of sheen and not shimmer. Really pretty.
7. Gunmetal grey shade- this is the most amazing shade of the darker ones, is amazingly pigmented and swatches really well both on the eyes and the hand. The shade is a nice gunmetal grey and looks like a foil shadow when swatched on the hand!
8. Purple shade- a little on the chalky side, the purple shade though a pretty bright egg-plant hued shadow is low on pigmentation, which is really sad! But atop primers it shows up relatively well and would look great as a smokey shadow.
9. Black shade- However much I may like my matte balck shadows, there is no denying that I simply love this shimmery black shadow which has great pigmentation and can be effectively used for a smokey black eye.
1. Silver shade- a very basic silver eyeshadow which is warm toned and will suit Indian skin tones, plus s nicely pigmented.
1. Navy shade- I had high hopes from this gorgeous shimmery navy shade, but just like the purple one it shows up really light on the eyes but atop a base works well!
1. Sea-blue shade- the most gorgeous shade loaded with colour pigments, which also swatches well! Though very pretty, the shade is tricky to use especially for shadow novices like me! Lets see what I do with this baby here!
Texture: Apart from a few shades, the shadows are not at all chalky. Infact they are creamy, smooth and very easy to use. They spread well, blend easily and there is absolutely no fall off!
I created this soft black and pink smokey eye makeup for a day time look and used the highlighter shades for my cheek bones as well as under my brow bone and on the inner corners of my eyes!
Staying Power: I used these atop my concealer as a base and the darker ones lasted for a good 5 hours with the lighter ones starting to fade off a bit within 4 hours of use!
Final verdict: The shades qualify the palette to be really essential and are enough to take your makeup look from day to night! And for the price, you need to get it!